While we focus on bringing Covid cases down, let’s not lose sight of mental health, which is equally important as our physical health. Layoffs, lack of social interaction, financial difficulties, strained relationships, and uncertainty have consequences. So, during these difficult times it is only natural to seek help. On that note, here are some mental health resources for those living in the Parkdale – High Park area:
- Connex Ontario (free & confidential phone, chat and email mental health service) https://www.connexontario.ca/
- The Four Villages Community Health Centre (Our Services) https://4villageschc.ca/services/
- High Park / Parkdale Employment & Social Services https://www.toronto.ca/community-people/employment-social-support/employment-support/toronto-employment-and-social-services-locations/high-park-parkdale-employment-social-services/
- Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre (Counselling and Case Management) https://pqwchc.org/programs-services/counselling-and-case-management/
- The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) (Programs & Services) http://www.camh.ca/en/your-care/programs-and-services
- Furthermore, a family doctor can make referrals. To find a family doctor nearby click this link: https://www.ontario.ca/page/find-family-doctor-or-nurse-practitioner
Finally, some insurance plans cover counselling and psychotherapy services. Laid off employees part of a group plan may still qualify for these benefits. For information contact the insurance provider.
In the event of an emergency one should always call 911.